Terms and conditions
- We operate a service that allows visitors who do not reside in a relevant territory to receive a refund of VAT (or equivalent tax paid at the point of sale) (Refund) in respect of goods they have purchased, and which they intend to export. We gather and process personal information in order to provide this service. As part of the service you may choose to use our online “Shopper Portal” to track your Refund or to update your information, by doing so you are consenting to us storing and processing your personal information for subsequent Refunds. You may withdraw this consent at any time by contacting email@example.com.
- In order to provide the service, we may:
2.1. share your personal information for legal and regulatory reasons with, our group companies, the retailer you purchased the goods from, government departments, tax and customs authorities and/or any other required third party; and
2.2. transfer your personal information outside the EEA; such processing will be in compliance with Irish Data Protection legislation and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 – Planet has identified Ireland as the lead supervisory authority for all matters related to data protection.
- Your privacy rights are fully explained on our website and include the right to request a copy of information we hold about you and to have inaccuracies corrected. Please visit https://www.weareplanet.com/privacy-policy for more information.
- You agree to comply with all rules and regulations applicable to the service in the relevant territory (further information can be found at https://www.planetpayment.com/countries) and you acknowledge that by using our service you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- You acknowledge that, the ability to obtain a Refund is subject to the relevant territory’s tax and customs authority’s (the Authority) approval, there are penalties for false declarations to the Authority, you must comply with the Authority’s rules, and you are solely responsible for:
2.1. obtaining such approval; 2.2. delivery of accurately completed (including the relevant Authority’s stamp) export documentation to the Authority and/or Planet as required and within the permitted timeframe and providing proof of such delivery (Planet is not responsible if documentation fails to arrive at its offices or the Authority’s office); and
2.3. exporting the goods within 3 months from the end of the month of purchase (in some jurisdictions, this period may be shorter or longer, you are responsible for complying with the relevant timeline).
- You acknowledge that a Refund may not be made where the retailer does not comply with the Authority’s rules or its contractual obligations to Planet.
- In territories where you purchase the goods from us (this will be clear on the face of the sales record issued to you) we assign our legal and statutory rights in the goods to you and you agree:
4.1. to direct any complaint or issue with the goods to the retailer (the retailer’s complaint and return policies will apply to the goods); and
4.2 not to take any action or in any way hold us liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, due to the defective nature of the goods.
- You agree to delete the statement “the credit card nominated to credit the VAT is the same card used for the payment of the goods described above” from the sales record where the credit card nominated for your Refund is different to the card used to purchase the goods.
- You agree to the VAT credit, the value indicated as "VAT" on the Refund form, being transferred to us;
- You agree to pay a fee to Planet for each Refund processed by Planet (the fee varies depending on the value of your purchases and the refund method you select) and you expressly authorise us to deduct the fee, together with any other applicable fees and charges as set out in these terms and conditions, from your Refund.
- You acknowledge that:
8.1. cash refund operators may apply their own foreign exchange conversion rates when converting a Refund from the local currency to a currency of your choice and this transaction is not part of the services provided by Planet;
8.2. where possible, Refunds will be processed in your local currency, however if foreign exchange is required Planet will use the current 'we sell' rates of a recognised European Retail Bank plus a fee of between 3-10% when processing the foreign exchange;
8.3. credit card operators/financial institutions charge us for processing Refunds through their network and these charges will be passed on to you by way of a deduction from your Refund (for example Amex charge is £1 or equivalent);
8.4. if you choose to receive your Refund by way of reduction of the amount payable for the goods at the time of purchase in-store or if you obtain your Refund in advance of export, you must continue to comply with 2 above, however you must export the goods and return the completed export documentation to us within 21 days of receipt of the Refund. If the goods are not exported and documents are not received by us within 21 days, we will charge you the amount set out on the guarantee you provide at the time you receive your Refund;
8.5. if you do not choose a refund method at the time of purchase of the goods or if the details you provide are incomplete or incorrect, we may contact you to confirm the details;
8.6. delays may occur in making your Refund (we endeavor to make a Refund as soon as possible);
8.7. some card companies require the expiry date of the card as well as the card number and cardholder full name to process a Refund. Where you have not supplied the expiry date, card number, and cardholder full name, the Refund may not be successfully processed to your card by your card company. Where this occurs Planet can reprocess your Refund once you have provided us with the necessary data;
8.8. where we suspect that a fraud or attempted fraud is being perpetrated, we reserve the right not to make a Refund;
8.9. we may require additional information to support your Refund application and you agree to provide such additional information as soon as practicable;
8.10. the Refund service and any documentation produced as part of the Refund service cannot be assigned to another service provider and is Planet’s property;
8.11. nothing in this agreement affects your common law or statutory rights as a consumer or your legal or statutory rights in the goods;
8.12. these terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them (including in relation to any non-contractual obligations) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland; and
8.13. all disputes and claims arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions (including in relation to any non-contractual obligations) shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland to which you irrevocably submit.