Guide to Tax Free shopping in Sweden
How to shop Tax Free in Sweden?
- Step 1: Go shopping
- Look for Planet logo and ask for Planet Tax Free form when making a purchase
- Step 2: Get your Tax Free form validated by Customs or the Planet Partner at Stockholm Arlanda, Gothenburg Landvetter or Malmö Sturup airports
- Step 3: Receive your refund at the Planet Partner at Stockholm Arlanda, Gothenburg Landvetter or Malmö Sturup airports, or return you Tax Free form by post to Planet
Shopping in Sweden
Go shopping and get your Tax Free form.
Sweden Currency: SEK
- 25%Standard VAT rate
- 12%Food, medicines
- SEK 200
- on the same day and in the same store
Shoppers eligible for VAT / Sales Tax Refund:
- Non-EU residents, excluding residents of Norway
To receive a Customs stamp:
To receive a refund:
- 3 months + the issuing month of the Tax Free Form
- 1 year from the issuing date of the Tax Free Form
- No limits
Get your Tax Free form approved by customs
Are you leaving via a country other than Sweden?
Required for refunding:
- Fully completed Tax Free forms stamped by Customs or Planet Partner. All items purchased must be available for inspection
Required for customs approval:
- Fully completed Tax Free form
- Unused purchased goods and receipts
- Passport and travel documents
- Remember to validate your Tax Free forms before leaving EU.
- Exiting via Airport: Before checking in your luggage visit the Planet Partner desk in the departures area at Stockholm Arlanda, Gothenburg Landvetter or Malmö Sturup airports. For purchases over 25,000 SEK please visit the Customs desk before security
- Exiting by ship/ferry: Exit via a sea port where customs are present
- Exiting by car: Tourists travelling by road to Norway and then departing to a non-EU destination may get Customs Validation from a Norwegian Planet partner. Please refer to the Norway section of our website for a full list of validation points.