Guide to Tax Free shopping in Ireland
How to shop Tax Free in Ireland?
Shopping in Ireland
Go shopping and get your Tax Free form.
Ireland Currency: EUR
- 23%Standard VAT rate
- EUR 75.00
Shoppers eligible for VAT / Sales Tax Refund:
- Non-EU residents (excluding Northern Ireland residents)
To receive a Customs stamp:
To receive a refund:
- 3 months + the issuing month of the Tax Free Form
- 3 years from the issuing date of the Tax Free Form
- No limits
Get your Tax Free form approved by customs
Are you leaving via a country other than Ireland?
Required for refunding:
- Fully completed Tax Free forms stamped by Customs
Required for customs approval:
- Fully completed Tax Free form
- Unused purchased goods and receipts
- Passport and travel documents
- There is no need to validate your Tax Free form at Customs if the purchase amount of your goods is below EUR 2000
- If you are leaving the EU from Dublin, Shannon, Cork, Ireland West or Farranfore airport and you have a single purchase item with a value over EUR 2000 please call Customs using the courtesy phones for your stamped approval, you will need to present your Tax Free form and the original purchase receipt (have passport, purchased items and flight ticket with you for inspection). If Customs are not available, proceed to the Planet airport desk for assistance.
- If you are departing an Irish airport but changing flights at another EU airport, and if the goods you are exporting are to be checked through to a destination outside the EU, go to the Planet offices in Dublin or Shannon Airports and your Tax Free form will be submitted for Customs approval as if you were at the EU departure point. Drop off boxes are also available at Cork, Ireland West and Farranfore Airport.
- If your items purchased are below €2,000, it is also possible to return your Tax Free form from outside of the EU, however you will first need to receive stamped approval from a notary public, local Customs or police officer (quoting their badge and precinct).