Guide to Tax Free shopping in Iceland
How to shop Tax Free in Iceland?
Shopping in Iceland
Go shopping and get your Tax Free form.
Iceland Currency: ISK
- 24%Standard VAT rate
- 11%Food and books
- ISK 12.000
- on the same day and in the same store
Shoppers eligible for VAT / Sales Tax Refund:
- Non-Iceland residents
To receive a Customs stamp:
To receive a refund:
- 3 months + the issuing month of the Tax Free Form
Get your Tax Free form approved by customs
Required for refunding:
- Fully completed Tax Free forms stamped by Customs
Required for customs approval:
- Fully completed Tax Free form
- Unused purchased goods and receipts
- Passport and travel documents
- Remember to validate your Tax Free forms at Customs before leaving Iceland.
- At Keflavik Airport Tax Free forms with refund value below 100.000 ISK can be validated by Arion Bank. Customs approval is required for Tax Free forms over 100.000 ISK.
- When leaving Iceland by Cruise Ship or Ferry, it is necessary to get your Tax Free form export validated. This may take place on-board your ship prior to departure, but dependent on the availability of the local Customs authority and port of departure. Please enquire with your cruise/ferry Guest Services team.