Guide to Tax Free shopping in Faroe Islands
How to shop Tax Free in Faroe Islands?
Shopping in Faroe Islands
Go shopping and get your Tax Free form.
Faroe Islands Currency: DKK
- 25%Standard VAT rate
- DKK 300
Shoppers eligible for VAT / Sales Tax Refund:
- Non-Faroese residents
To receive a Customs stamp:
To receive a refund:
- 3 months + the issuing month of the Tax Free Form
- 1 year from the issuing date of the Tax Free Form
Get your Tax Free form approved by customs
Required for refunding:
- Fully completed Tax Free forms stamped by Customs
Required for customs approval:
- Fully completed Tax Free form
- Unused purchased goods and receipts
- Passport and travel documents
- Remember to validate your Tax Free forms at Customs at the last exit point before leaving EU.
- Have your passport with you when shopping and ask the store staff to scan it already when issuing your Tax Free sticker! This enables faster digital validation which makes for a much quicker service when you depart the Faroe Islands. This is particularly useful if you are departing with M/S Norröna (Smyril Line) as there may be long queues to embark on the ship.
- Make sure you have your products, your passport and your shopping receipts ready for inspection as you get your goods export validated on departure. If you are unable to show your purchases on request, the export of goods cannot be validated and we will be unable to refund your VAT.
- If you are departing from Vagar Airport, go to the Tourist Information / Airport Customer Service desk with your passport, products and receipt before dropping your luggage. They will check your forms and process your refunds for you. If you get selected for a Custom Authority goods inspection, you will be asked to step over to the Customs Authority service counter where an officer will inspect your goods and approve the transaction, whereupon the Tourist Information desk can proceed to refund your VAT.